Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call of Duty Multiplayer Issue

• Please log in to reply

Kyle8515

Kyle8515

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I installed Call of Duty 2 and have played the single player mode flawlessy. I started up the Multiplayer and my problem has occured. I tried to join a multiplayer game and it stated that my Key code is incorrect. I entered my Key Code three times and it's definitly the right one. I ran regedit and looked in the Activision folder and it seems that there is no string value set for Call of Duty 2 at ALL. There's no folder, no applicatoin launch path, nothing! What I was looking for was the folder and a string value set with my cd key. Obviously the game doesn't recognize the cd key because it's not in the registry. I've deleted the folder and re-installed COD 2 with no success. PLEASE someone help me and tell me what's going on. As a side note I also have Rome: Total War on my computer and that doesn't even have a folder in the Activion folder. Please help...wanna play the game online BADLY!! thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

DDDutch

DDDutch

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got the same problem...I bought CoD2, installed it and single player works perfect.
But when I try to run multiplayer and want to join a game I get: incorrect key-code
I tried and tried and eventually I got to play 2 multiplayer games..so it connected 2 times but now it won't work at all! If anyone knows what I can do about this pleaz reply

grtz