Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Restarts Auto when Enable Cable Internet

• Please log in to reply

ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Help please, My computer keeps restarting when i turn on the Internet. Im using Cable Internet and ive followed the Instructions on the Microsoft Website.

Start Windows XP in Safe mode, and then configure Windows to not automatically restart when a STOP error occurs. To do this, follow these steps:a.  Restart the computer. When the POST process completes, press F8.
b.  On the Windows Advanced Options menu that appears, use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
c.  Select the operating system to start, and then press ENTER.
d.  Log on to the computer as Administrator, and then click Yes in the Windows is running in safe mode dialog box that appears.

NOTE: When the computer is running in Safe mode, your display settings may be set to a lower resolution than you expect.
e.  Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
f.  Click Switch to Classic View if Control Panel is not already in Classic View.
g.  Double-click System, click the Advanced tab, and then under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
h.  Under System failure, click to clear the Automatically restart check box.
i.  Click OK twice.
j.  Close Control Panel, and then restart Windows normally.

Now it keeps doing the same thing and im getting worried My brother will kill me if i don't fix this :tazz:.

Advertisements

ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
please help!! :tazz: Im sick of using 28.8kbps Dial up I want my Cable Please someone tell me a solution for fixing the computers internet