Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Flash player

• Please log in to reply

sigfrid

sigfrid

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I dunno if this is the right place to post this, but i have no sound in any flash animations, nor the messenger, i thought the problem was the sound card drivers, i downloaded the newest and 'till nothing, and in control panel>sound and audio hardware>in the audio section, i cannot set anything in the midi player i have "sint SW de tabla de ondas GS" and "MPU-401" and when i set one for the midi player and click "apply" it closes and if i reopen the thing, its empty again, i hope this has happened already to some of you, i can`t hear neither the sounds of windows (like when windows starts, and when it closes"
my motherboard is asrock m266 (dunno if this helps)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
when did this start? did you install something right before the issue started?

how did you go about installing the new drivers for your soundcard?

could you right click on my computer > manage > device manager...do you see any ? or !

are your speakers on?
if you open up your sound control panel (usually by clicking on the little speaker icon in the system tray)...is there anything muted?

sigfrid

sigfrid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Yes, the speakers ar on :) this started after i reformated my computer, there is nothing muted in control panel, nor speakers, and the new sound card drivers installed just fine, they are the latest for mi exact motherboard (onboard soundcard :) ), well, thanks for the reply, its weired that whenever i try to set something in the drop-down menu for the midi player in the sound an audio devices it nevers sets :tazz: i think thats is the problem, but i dunno how to make something to be set there i mean, there are two devices there, but none of those sets, i click apply, restart the computer, and open the control panel again and that drop-down menu is empty again

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
did you find anything in device manager?

could you list your board make and model...and the driver version that you got

sigfrid

sigfrid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I think the problem is there, i have been telling u that in the device manager (sorry, can´t put the exact name, sinc my windows is in another language), in the audio section , there is nothing set for the MIDI playback (or whatever its called in english) and if i set something and then apply, i restart the computer, and open it again, there is still nothing set, the board maker is asrock, the model is m266, the driver is "VIA audio driver version 4.00"well, any reply tahnks

sigfrid

sigfrid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
sorry, the audio driver is "VIA audio driver version 4.00a"there was an "a"missing, that is the driver that i got

sigfrid

sigfrid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Erm, was someone helping me in this?
thanks, i guess