Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Disk needed to be formatted?!?

• Please log in to reply

PCPatrick

PCPatrick

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I apologize if I'm putting this topic in the wrong forum but I was not sure where to ask this. When I put my USB 2.0 disk into my latop or desktop and try to view its files, I get a message saying that "The disk in drive E is not formatted. Do you want to format it know?" It seems like if I tried to format the disk, all of its info. will be erased. I've been using this disk for a year or so and have never been told that it is "not formatted". What is going on and why cannot I view my disk's files? Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

PCPatrick

PCPatrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Anyone have any ideas? I have some very important files on the corrupt disk that have to be accessed for work in Tuesday (2 days!). If I don't have the files printed out at work, I'm skrewed! Any ideas would MUCH appreciated...

PCPatrick

PCPatrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Does anyone know if computer stores like Best Buy can help me retrieve my data??? Now I'm becoming desperate... I'm willing to try anything. I HAVE to get these files off the disk...