Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

graphics card installation issues

• Please log in to reply

Sikmachine

Sikmachine

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey,
ok so I have this Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT 32MB video card that seems to have a problem. Everytime I played counter-strike or any other game the game would freeze with a looping sound, this was confusing to me and slightly aggrivating so I disabled and later uninstalled my video card. Now I have tried to install this in the past with the latest driver off the internet yet none work. It starts to install and then tells me "you may experience some screen flickering....etc", then halfway through it tells me that my card was NOT installed and that the installation has NOT been completed and to uninstall all my previously installed Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT 32MB material. Now I cannot find anything that was on my computer previously from looking and yet it still does this problem. I can't get my card to be reinstalled. Here are my computer specs:
-Windows XP Professional (SP2)
-Pentium 4 (1.7GHz)
-256MB RAM
Thanks for your help,
~Joe

Advertisements