Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Toolbar - runtime error

• Please log in to reply

smurfoz

smurfoz

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have managed to temporarily get rid of the problem C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I tried various things to get rid of the above including uninstalling Google toolbar, searching in files and folders to look for hidden google toolbar files/folders and uninstalling, downloading a site as recommended by another member, turning off internet explorer add-ons that weren't recognised, ensuring the explorer is up to date with all downloads, clearning all cookies and temporary internet files which have all worked for other members but the above didn't work for me.

I then found another site that said to go into Internet Options, Advanced and then unclick 'Enable Third Party Browser Extensions (restart required) (sic). This finally worked ... yippeee ... BUT

I like using the Google Toolbar and reinstalled it (as a lot of other sites say they don't have a problem after that but unless you agree to their terms it won't install it so did and it automatically changes the setting in Internet Options causing the same problem which is easy enough to fix again (now I know what to do) but then it removes the google toolbar.

HAS ANYONE FOUND A WAY TO KEEP GOOGLE TOOLBAR WITHOUT GETTING THIS RUNTIME ERROR?

Would appreciate your help on this ... thanks

Advertisements