Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Virus ? Trojan ? Who knows !

• Please log in to reply

Joescoffee13

Joescoffee13

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I made an account for all of you to address my problem if your willing and able. . Recently I've started contracting some sort of malware ( I believe). Symptoms include :

-Unnamed/Unopenable folders in places such as Control panel, Network Connections, and a few other places;
-A select few programs won't run ( a rundll32.exe issue or something ? I'm not sure really);
-"My Computer" was renamed *and* re Iconed to folder with the name 'folder' on the desktop;
-On the start menu under the subdirectory "programs" there are now NO entries at all, no programs or utilities are listed now. . annoying.
-On some internet programs, aim for example, instead of displaying the startup page it prompts me to save open or cancel the html 'download'.

I've come across this bug more than once, in both instances I've reformated. I don't think it will help to do so again, seeing as I'll just catch the cold again.

If any of you have suggestions, I'd really appreciate any advice you could give! Thanks !

Advertisements

Joescoffee13

Joescoffee13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
When I try to search for things using win+f for instance, it says "this program does not have a file associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel"