Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why am I lagging in my game -.-;;

• Please log in to reply

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Ok, I started out on cable playing Warcraft 3. I was fine, no lagging etc. Now I reformatted and now I get random spikes(The FPS drops like disney stocks) for no reason. I then moved to 56k(moved to a new house) and I thought maybe it was the cable causing the spikes(happened to 2 of my online friends). Well, it's not the internet, because now I lag OFFLINE playing solo. This all happened after I reformatted, so now I'm all like ;_;

These are the required specs for warcraft 3

Minimum System Requirements:

* 400 MHz Pentium II or equivalent, or a 400 MHz G3 processor or better.
* Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows XP. Warcraft III requires Mac OS® 9.0 or higher, or Mac OS X® 10.1.3 or higher
* Warcraft III requires 128 MB of RAM. Virtual Memory should be enabled on computers running pre-Mac OS X versions of the Mac OS®.
* A keyboard and mouse are required.
* A hard drive with at least 550 MB of free space

* 8MB 3D video card (TNT, i810, Voodoo 3, Rage 128 equivalent or better) with DirectX 8.1 support. For Mac OS® systems, a video card consisting of an ATI Technologies or nVidia chipset with at least 16 MB of memory is required.
* A DirectX-compatible 16-bit sound card is recommended. Warcraft III will work with the built-in sound features of the Mac OS®.

Recommended System Requirements:

* 600 MHz processor or better
* 256 MB of RAM
* 32 MB 3D Video card

I'm not sure what my specs are, but if you tell me how to post them, I can. I posted an ewido log awhile back and sammy said I had a good machine since it is relativly new( http://www.geekstogo...opic=69278&hl=)

So I want to know, why I am lagging.

Oh, btw, incase you missed I did do a hjt log, and I turned off everything so as little resources are being used.

Please help G2G! <3

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Then problem why you are lagging is that you have no video card in your AGP slot. You are using onboard video isn't useful for much besides basic computer uses like using Word, surfing the Net or checking Email. You can get a card that easily meets those requirements for $50USD.

Fenor

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Can I install it on a laptop though? I was told you can't really upgrade on a laptop. And why was I not lagging when I reformatted? Is it possible I had it before? I had to install a modem from dells website to get online after I reformatted because I did not have the modem . . .

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try looking for the drivers just plug in the name of the integrated card into google and put drivers on the end and it should find you something, your laptop is kinda weedy though, also you might try installing SP2 you didnt have it on that last thread and you should have it.

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
What are the drivers? o.O

Also, I have sp2 now, I believe. >_>

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Drivers would be this http://www.softwarep...ies/sis315.html

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
ok, I downloaded that and extracted that. In the folder there are 3 other zipped files(data 1, data 2, engine32)

I didn't unzip those, I assume they're there for the install, which I clicked, but it errored and says

"The setup program can not find a suitable driver. The setup program will terminate"

Any advice?

Also, what do you mean by "Your laptop is kinda weedy"

o.O

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
ok deleted my drivers, downloaded a driver cleaner, cleaned it, safe mode claned it twice, then went back to and cleaned again. That still didn't work. I went to dell and downloaded the vid driver off of dell website.

Still lagging. ;_;

Any other suggestions?