Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

jus a question :)

• Please log in to reply

RoŽll

RoŽll

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hello :) lol.. i have a lil question..

a while back i got jammed up with a virus that went passed my northon antivir 2003 or w/e it was lol..

the virus affected my csrss.exe file.. and i used f-secure on it.. kinda got rid of the virus in safe mode somehow lmao..
but ever since i cant play my yahoo launchcast.. i mis my own station :tazz:... anyways... everytime i'd switch on the computer, after the logging in.. i got the message bout filepath invalid c:/windows/system32/csrss.exe or somethin near that.. so i went into my registy by : regedit
and deleted the wrong paths that the computer gave me.. deleted the registry keys.. values etc. and now i dun get the message anymore but like.. i miss my launchcast player.. and none of the !@$# i tried to get launchcast workin helps (excludin the full harddrive reformat..).... could some1 help me a bit with this ? its like drivin me crazy..

ty ty (thank you)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The all too common problem is virus writers using genuine file names to install a virus

This will replace the genuine file

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD.

System File Check will show an on screen blue progress bar, reboot when the bar goes

This will check you have removed the erroneous one

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

RoŽll

RoŽll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
thank you :woot: i'll try that right away, as soon as the w32.sannaki.a or somethin is gone :P
i already have it partly removed by using f-secure in safe mode and a regestry edit for the values and the key that it used..

:tazz: i so hope that it works :) thank you in forward :)

RoŽll

RoŽll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
lol, it would work perfectly... but i lost my xp cd.. and it isn workin with my sis her cp dis.. ( same version, same well.. evrythin accept for the registration code :tazz: )

grr.. i sooooo need to find me own disc.... or.. is there any way to bypass the things and get the csrss.exe onto the computer without typin the sfc /scannow in the start > run thing... hope there is.. and if not... bummer lol :)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It has to be the same version as you installed, down to the service pack

What have the malware team said

RoŽll

RoŽll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
oh yeah! i haven asked.. *whistles* la la la la :tazz:.. though.. maby i did somethin stupid.. instead of doing what you said i made a newuser account.. checked and teh csrss is orkin fine there.. copied it.. went into safe mode, swapped the file by changing the coppied into csrss2 and the original to csrss1
then i changed csrss2 into the csrss and now the launchcast worls.. but not totally.. it keeps searchin for the stream.. but other than that nothings wrong.. proly i did somethin i shouldn do.. lol.. plse scold me if needed.. lolz.. else i'll just log in to the other account and play launchcast there by yahoo messenger.. :)

plse tell me.. have i done somethin stupid ? lolz.. cause i do know some computin.. but not as much as you do or any other admin / moderator / staff... :)

Edited by RoŽll, 17 January 2006 - 11:17 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it works, fine

The priorities are to see what the malware team say, and then to get hold of your XP CD, or a same version CD to run the repair