Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cookies

• Please log in to reply

tekaj

tekaj

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I've done so many steps since getting my computer all fixed up after a Malware that i'm slightly confused.

Along the way, I enabled a function where it askes me if I want to allow cookies on all sites, I usually always say no and choose the "always perform thsi action for this site" type of deal, but I accidently did that on my friends website and now I can't log in anymore! I enter my password and name but it brings me right back to the "enter name and password page" I imagine this has to do with my cookies. Can anyone help me on reversing this?
thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you don't allow cookies to be set, you're won't be logging into any websites that need logging in, such as your friend's site, Amazon, eBay, online banking, etc.

Cookies need to be set so a website knows you're logged in. Otherwise there's no way of knowing.

Assuming Internet Explorer 6 - go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy. Click Advanced.

Set First party cookies to accept, Third party cookies to block or ask (often used for advertising purposes) and always allow session cookies. Click OK and click OK again.