Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help with error message.

• Please log in to reply

teofilperk

teofilperk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
just came across your site whilst trying in vain to "fix" a problem with my pc. the problem is that when i try to play certain software for my kids i get the following message....C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. choose "close" to terminate.
i tried to use system restore but ended up with a blue screen with an erreo message containing :\systemroot\system32\config\security.

please help. im fairly new to pc's and havent got a clue what any of this means.
thanks for reading my post and hope to chat soon.
regards
shaun :tazz:

Advertisements

teofilperk

teofilperk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: maybe i'm asking the wrong question or am in the wrong forum for this question. can anyone help or am i looking for the holy grail?? ;)

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Download and run the attached file xp_fix.exe

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
perhaps I should explain, when you have the 'zip' file (it will be a Windows XP zip-folder) --- right click the zip folder and choose 'Extract All'. Just click NEXT -- NEXT -- FINISH. A new Window will open. Run XP_FIX.EXE from there.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If that fix-file didin't help, read this web-page:

http://support.micro...7&Product=winxp