I get this message every time I try to access files on PC5 from any other system:
\\XXXX is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you have access permissions.
NOTE the following applies to ALL PC's:
- ALL PC's can access the internet
- ALL PC's are in the same workgroup name
- ALL PC's have different names
- IP addresses and subnets are correct
- Netbios over TCP/IP is enabled.
- Workstation, Server, TCP/IP Netbios helper, and Computer Browser Services are all running.
- File and printer sharing is turned on.
- Folders I want to share are enabled for sharing.
- Windows firewall is Disabled
- ZoneAlarm Pro is enabled on all systems with the identical settings.
- I can access all shared files on all other computers on the network except PC5.
- Disabling ZoneAlarm has no effect on any of the above and I still get the same message.
When I go to "My Network Places" on any pc, the shared folders on PC5 don't show up. If I go to "View workgroup computers" on any pc however, PC5 shows up on the network, but I CANNOT BROWSE PC5 even though it shows up in the view workgroup computers window (if I click on it I get the above error message).
I can Ping the IP Address and Ping the NAME of PC5 from any PC with no trouble.
I can access all drives on the other PC from the "RUN" window using \\PCNAME\PCNAME Drive Letter\