Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Enlarging partition w/o reformatting ?

• Please log in to reply

jfaatz

jfaatz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I absent-mindedly loaded back OS (win98) and all program files to HD before resetting partition to larger than 2 Gb. Do I have to reformat to correct this mistake?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Normally, yes, but you could also use a program such as Partition Magic, which will allow you to dynamically resize the partition without requiring a format.

There are also a few freeware utilities around (such as the one below) which also claim to be able to do this :
http://majorgeeks.co...izer_d4701.html

Be warned though, I haven't personally tried this one so don't blame me if it screws anything up!