Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Security Center problem

• Please log in to reply

Linker

Linker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My Windows Security Center Virus Protection has been turned off somehow and I don't know how to get it back on. When I click the Off button on the right side of the bar, is just gives me a dropdown telling me that there are other virus blockers on the computer and that they have all reported to be out of date or are turned off.

I clicked the Recommendations button in the dropdown and it told me to update one of my antivirus programs or get another antivirus program.

So maybe it has something to do with another one of my antivirus... things... I'm not exactly sure, but my computer has been being very wierd lately and I think it might have something to do with the antivirus programs being turned off or out of date.

Sorry, if it's kind of vague...

I just want the antivirus to get turned back on.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which firewall and which anti virus programmes have you got

Linker

Linker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Uh, I have Ad-Aware SE Personal, XoftSpy and McAfee AntiVir I believe...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Windows does not have anti virus, and its firewall only blocks incoming data, if you do not have another firewall you can use ZA Free

http://www.filehippo...zonealarm_free/

This will block incoming and outgoing data

Run the update for McAfee AV then see what security centre says