Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC STARTING PROBLEM IMPORTANT!

• Please log in to reply

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hey guys on my old computer not the one im on now im on my brothers but my computer isnt starting up it says Boot Failure:System Halted and i restart and restart and restart and everytime its the same thing it says Boot Failure:System Halted, this thing has happened before but very rarely and it was weird because after like 1 - 3 times of restarting it finally starts. Whats wrong with it and how do i fix it.

Thanks
~Peter

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Could be a few things.

The harddrive might be going bad. Sounds like a harddrive problem. Or could be a cable problem or the harddrive controller.

Look in the bios and see if the harddrive is being listed/shown.

Try to replace the cable next.

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
bios?

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
and its been doing this since about 4 months since i got it but it would be rare though, and this is the longest its been its been like 2 days.

oh and btw it pops up like right away in the upper left hand corner of the screen the rest is black.

Edited by Stelth2k1, 15 January 2006 - 09:43 PM.

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
nvm i fixed it i unplugged everything checked em replugged em and it worked.

Close this topic