Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conundrums!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
:blink: A full 5 days with no reply?!??! :help:

Atleast guess :)

Am I to take it that you guys hopelessly give up?

The guy next door :whistling:

Edited by yesiammanu, 24 March 2006 - 09:30 PM.

Advertisements

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Ok, its been a week and a half, so i am just going to give the answer... You turn on the first switch for 10 minutes, and then turn it off and turn on the second switch.

If the light is on, it is the second switch.
If it isn't on, but when you feel it, it is hot, it is the first bulb.
If neither, it is the third one.

frinkulator

frinkulator

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
What are the next two letters in this series: A E F H I K L M ?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
N and T

frinkulator

frinkulator

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
A man went up a mountain on Monday, once he got to the top after 3 hours, he stayed up there for 3 days, and then came back down on Monday. How is this Possible?

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Monday was his horse/donkey/goat/mule/<insert other mode of transportation here>

frinkulator

frinkulator

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
lol I've never heard someone say it so thoroughly, my grandpa told me that one when I was 6.

frinkulator

frinkulator

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I'm bored of giving conundrums... I want some. :whistling:

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Thinking hurts when you could just play =(. But, stupid people are born without birth pains.
-Me

Three Geeks2Go Moderators wanted to know who is the smartest of them all. So they invited Admin, who showed them into a very dark room and told them-"I will paint a blue or a red dot on you moderator's fore-head. If you see atleast one red dot, put yer hands up! Whoever figures out what dot they have on dheir own fore head is the smartest." Admin only put red dots on all the moderators. They got out and everyone raised their hand. After a bit of thinking, Dsenatte said "There's a red dot on my fore head."

How could this crazy monkey know?

Good luck~~ :blink:

Dsenatte is a smart monkey :whistling:

BTW i dont get that N and T answer to the other question... any explanation please?

Edited by yesiammanu, 03 April 2006 - 09:28 PM.

frinkulator

frinkulator

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
all the letters beforehand had straight lines only, no curves, so the next two letters in the alphabetical sequence were N and T

Advertisements

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Any guesses? C'mon, this used to be such a popular topic. Plus, this one is acually a CONUNDRUM instead of a riddle... One of the first in a long long while.

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
Were they allowed to communicate with each other?

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Thinking hurts when you could just play =(. But, stupid people are born without birth pains.
-Me

This conundrum was too hard... I made it way to complex. I'll follow it up with a simpler one...

Those 2 loosind moderators (MasterJ and Johanna) challenged a riptose, and told Admin so. He thought for a minute, and took out 5 hats; 2 white & 3 black. He told the moderators " Ima put a hat on each of you.Then, Ima turn off the lights & hide the other hats in the room next to me. I will turn on the lights, and you will have equal chances to win. Every moderator will see 2 hats, but he will not see his. Whoever figures out what color their hat is wins. The hats are bound to your head, and you cannot take them off or adjust them." Before Admin went to turn off the lights, Dsenette (I spelled it right this time!) said the color of his hat and explained how he know.

How did he know and what color is his hat?

I will not post the other answer, becuase I figured out it makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by yesiammanu, 05 April 2006 - 07:35 PM.

IshmaelVignsten

IshmaelVignsten

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
ok you guys look like you might like to try a hardish one...if you havnt seen it before

ok jack and jill are dead on the floor of a room. there is an open window with a desk next to it and there is broken glass and water on the floor how did they die

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Dsenette Wrote:
" Do not post another cunundrum untill the current conundrum is done and you solved the last one.

Oh well, I'll answer yours. Jack & Jill are working on a talk show. Jill is on the 2nd flor and Jack is on the 7th floor. Jack has exactly 2 minutes before he has to come back to the talkshow (It was live). Jack definately cannot go to the second floor and murder Jill and come back in 2 minutes flat. What Jack does is, he takes atvantage of the windows ( The windows were those windows that spin so you could look out of it). Jack adds bullet marks around the same room Jill is currently in. Jack calls up Jill and says hes going to jump out of the 7th flor window. Jill looks out the window directly up and moves the sliding door so this is kind of a diagram-
| @
|----
| the - is the window and the @ is the head looking out upwards.

Ok, so its RAINING so vision is obscured for Jill. Jack takes atvantage of this and shoots Jill right in the head and breaks some glass. Jill, being shot, slides down and the window comes back into frame.

DIAGRAM-
| /
|@ /
| / 2 seconds after shot
The / are the glass
The / out of proportion is glass that is broken(Duh!)

|l
|l
|l
the l is the window and the | is the bricck around it...

There you have it! The broken glass, the rain, and the Jill getting shot. Now Jack has a perfect alliby, because he comes right back in 1 minute 25 seconds flat.

Now heres another riddle... HOW DO YOU PROVE JACK THE KILLER? YES, there is an answer!

O ya, Jack suicides while at the crime scene because they find him out

Hope that cleared stuff out for you!

Yesiammanu :whistling:

Edited by yesiammanu, 08 April 2006 - 10:00 AM.