Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

• Please log in to reply

MGritts22

MGritts22

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi. I have a dell with Microsoft Windows XP Professional on it. Recently, when I've been working on my computer, I try to go to internet explorer, my computer, and other Microsoft programs, and I get this error message.

Posted Image

I then restart and everything is ok- yet it still keeps appearing about 1/4 of the time. should I be worried? is this a virus? Malware? Or just a file corruption that I have to deal with?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
do you have mcaffee installed on this machine? how about google toolbar?

MGritts22

MGritts22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes, I have both, but I'm not sure how Google Toolbar got on here. I can remove that if neccessary.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
try removing the google toolbar and see if it clears up

chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I had the same problem but fixed it without removing google toolbar, because the toolbar is quite handy..
Here is my solution:

First of all, I went to the internet explorer icon and went to properties, advanced, then unchecked the box that said "enable third party browser extensions." I then opened internet explorer, and went to tools, then manage add-ons.
I then disabled: Mcafee Antiphishing Filter that's type is "Browser Help Object", NOT "Browser Extension." Then go back and recheck the box that says "enable third party browser extensions"

Restart internet explorer and everything should be back to normal..

Try to make as much sense of that as you can..goodluck!! :tazz: :) :)

Edited by chunkymonkey, 16 January 2006 - 08:19 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
chunky...thanks for that....i have been trying to narrow down which part of mcaffee was causing this issue....the antiphishing filter makes sense...though in this issue...sometimes it actually is the google toolbar....