Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

lookin to become computer science

• Please log in to reply

sportskd2

sportskd2

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
i would like to fill a career in computer science but i dont kno wut exact field or if i kno enough about computers to even try to start a career
i was wondering if anyone knows online sites that can teach u, or give u a free test
i just wanna see if this is a job to go for and not sure if im good enough so if any1 could give me sum help it would b much apprieciated

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
please rember that when posting in these forum many of the people that are providing support live around the world. for some it may be hard just to read plain english and so using "chat lingo" makes it next to imposible. so when having a interest in computer science be aware that the people you deal with will need to understand you.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
yeah....first rule of getting into computers as a carreer..is getting rid of the l227 speak...

most anyone can get into a carreer field dealing with something related to computers....you just need to go to school...almost all computer science related paths start out assuming you don't know what a computer is...but on that note...it's best (in the long run) to specialize...pick a field that you would like (networking, programming, hardware) and follow that path..in my experience (even though the market is saturated) there will always be a job for network administrators...and programmers...