Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows reall really slow and doesn't boot up properly

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I installed a program and i had to restart so I restarted the pc but it took 3 times as long to load up the welcome screen then I clicked my name and it was fine worked intill trhe welcome screen went then my desktop appeared with no start bar. I left it for about 5 mins came back and nothing had loaded up. I then left it for two hours came back and it had still not loaded up. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

Kurt

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what program did you try to install?

can you get into safe mode? does the same problem happen?

bharwell

bharwell

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Slooow..........ing................down

How long should a properly working computer take to start up or reboot? It does seem that mine is really slow. I'm also having the right-click very slow issue as well. I did the shellexview and disabled all non microsoft, but when it rebooted there was an issue with my mcafee missing something so I just re-enabled everything?