Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cann't find server

• Please log in to reply

ambmy9

ambmy9

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i have been having problems when i get online i try going to a web site but it says action canceled and it says it cann't find server
i thought it was aol but i have reinstalled it 3 times now i'm thinking maybe its my computer messing up
can some help me find out whats wrong
i just started having this problem about a month or so ago :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you installed any firewalls or antivirus programs recently?

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
no i have macfee personal firewall and macfee virus vsheild

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what happens if you turn the mcaffee firewall of (do not surf the net with the firewall off...just use this as a test)

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
a lot 0f my programs when i try to run them they freeze and it says they're not responding and for some reason now when i click on my computers the systems properties comes up instead of the window thats suppose to show my c and d drive and control panel can someone help me my computer is getting all messed up

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
also i was wondering if i might need to upgrade my modem i ran aols computer check-up and it says that i need to either upgrade my modem or get a new one i have a hsp56 micromodem does anyone know how to upgrade these things

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
WELL I GUESS NO ONE KNOWS SO I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT MY SELF :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
as far as the modem....they are probably either suggesting buying a new modem...or getting the most current drivers for the one you have...you can do this by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading them...

you may also wanna go through the malware forum to see if you've got any thing crawling around in there

also keep in mind that we are all volunteers here, and we do have our own personal lives and responsibilities. There are hundreds of other uses also waiting for help too, we will get to you as soon as we can.

The Geeks To Go team.