Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help my new dvd drive is horribly slow

• Please log in to reply

krtsbgfut

krtsbgfut

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Forgive this noobie, I am running Win do'hs (Homer) XP on a HP m480n media center. I have a 4 year warrenty on the bugger, I have taken it back twice now to have them fix it. Only to bring it home to a very slow dvd burner. I have uninstalled nero (Losing both optical drives in the process) re-installed nero, updated nero, I tried to update the "firmware" but to no avail, and yet the new drive is slower than the one that came with the computer. It's supposed to have DVD: 16x+r, 8x-rw, ; CD: 40x-r, 32x-rw, etc... It only recognizes the drive maybe half the time, and windows media player will barely play it at all. I have contacted MS, HP, Nero, no one knows what the devil is going on. Any help would be appreciated :tazz:

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moving to hardware as this has nothing to do with guides or tutorials.