Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hotmail & Outlook Problem

• Please log in to reply

cindylou32

cindylou32

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Recently a friend of mine checked their hotmail account on my computer. Now, when I want to log on to my computer, on the log on screen underneath my name, it says I have 19 unread email messages. They've deleted all their email messages in hotmail, but it still reads the same. My OS is XP, and I don't have a hotmail account. How do I get rid of this? Any thoughts?

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello and welcome to geeks to go.
i have a thought and its worth a try,
firstly do you use hotmail? If not get your friend to come over to your place and go back onto hotmail then view all her unread e-mails. After doing so you shouldn't have this problem. If you do, you could also try uninstalling MSN (by going to add/remove programs) as when it downloads msn, some files it brings on are accosiciated with hotmail files along with it. Another would be to remove the cookies on your computer by right clicking on Internet explorer and under temperairy internet files click remove cookies. This is only a thought and it's worth a shot. Once this is done reboot and if it still shows as you have some unread e-mails i'm out of idea's.
Thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 16 January 2006 - 10:29 PM.

cindylou32

cindylou32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for your response, I've tried it all, but nothing works. Thanks anyway.