Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU going up to 100%

• Please log in to reply

milanmagan

milanmagan

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
LOL.

Okay so my computer is running REAL f*cking slow today...

I don't know what the problem is, and the Norton and Microsoft Antispyware that my computer guy installed on here after last meltdown expired over new years eve!

Spybot didn't turn anything up...

So, my question is, what can I do to lower it? Right now it's going 59, 73, 40, 89... so still pretty big lol

Computer taking AGES to load, and I don't know why...

Advertisements

milanmagan

milanmagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
There are 42 processes running on my computer! How do I know which ones I can safely end?

dagger

dagger

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Check ur startup here
http://startuplist.geekstogo.com/
or here
http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html.
You can download and install AVG antivirus which is free and a very good utility which isnt heavy on system resources. Also Install Adaware and SPybot and run updated scans.
Cleanup by removing programs u dont need, deleting temporary files etc using Disk Cleanup and then defragment the system for all round improvement in speed. Do this regularly.
Add more RAM if u can.