Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI communication Device

• Please log in to reply

CharlieD

CharlieD

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am having some problmes getting the modem to show up so that I can find and install the drivers for it. When I go t he the device manager I find the the PCI Communication Device has no drivers. It has a yellow splash with a ! in it. I have taken out the modem and found that it is I think a ce0197X (At lest that is what it says on it) and found drivers for it and installed them but. It is not making any difference. The Modem still can not be found.

What is this PCI communication device? Is it the modem? OR do I have to find drivers for it before I can get to the modem.

It is kind of strange, but this is happening on two of my machines, both are win98 SE. But one of the machines dose not even have a modem in it. So I am confused!

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Yea the pci comunicates device is the modem, every time I have run into the problem you are describing the modem was bad and needed to be replaced.

Rick

CharlieD

CharlieD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just figure out what the modem is in the one machine so I have found the drivers for it and installed them, taking care of t hat problem. But I have another machine that dose not have a modem in it that is giving me the same error