Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

got message of small font mode needed instead of video mode.

• Please log in to reply

susana

susana

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I want to run two diskettes but message says that computer is in video mode and needs small font mode. How do I switch? Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

susana

susana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Re post on video versus small font mode, forgot to mention that I have Windows 98 with Word 2000. Thanks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://support.micro...com/kb/q244447/ <--this involves a similar error when installing msn messenger...but it tells you how to set it to small font mode

susana

susana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your reply. I actually did try that. Went to display and settings and advanced and saw that small font was already indicated. Yet it did not accept my diskette. The only different thing though was that also ticked was the box that said to not restart computer. I will untick it and let the computer restart and see if that fixes the problem. These diskettes have a program that I worked in a while ago so I know that the computer,although ancient, does run these particular diskettes. I will try this tomorrow. Otherwise, hope there is another solution!