Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

d*** LSP Problem, REALLY bugging me.

• Please log in to reply

.ZER0.

.ZER0.

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
OK, after a loooong time using HJT and other stuff, i finally got my comp all cleaned up from a mass virus and HJ/spyware malware adware attack, everything is back at karmic level.

EXCEPT..

no internet or networking.

i know its my LSP. LSPfix only comes with a NTDS (something like that) and a TCPIP dll.

no protocol handler. but i know there should be one there...

an app took over my protocol handler or something, so i got rid of it, now i have no internet, and im NOT reinstalling that app. there must be some way to reactivate the original windows LSP......

or am i just stupid and i dont know what im doing...... ?????

thanks in advance for any hlp given.

Advertisements

.ZER0.

.ZER0.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
never mind. that little Winsock fix app sorted it out fine and dandy !!

Koretek

Koretek

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Leon was kool!

.ZER0.

.ZER0.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Leon was kool!

View Post

lol, d*** straight. the uncut version was the sweetest tho...

anyway. i was right on the brink of reinstalling windoze, before i saw that Winsock Fix App. I thank whoever made that app graciously, it saved my computers life :tazz:: D

anyway, im just settling everything back in etc (i had moved everything to other harddrives to reinstall my OS)