Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cannot connect to my clan server!

• Please log in to reply

Ranger_5

Ranger_5

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey guys, i am ranger and i was wondering if you can help me out with sumthing really important.

i cannot connect ot my clan server for call of duty multiplayer. i can't follow me clan mates on xfire because it says servwer is not responding and i tryed joining it through ip address and all it says is awaiting connect 1..2..3..4.. and so on

i can't even find it on the master servers list, i asked all my clan mates their filter and it didn't even work. when i refresh my game servers list, it just shows over 3000 servers and on my clan mates list, it shows, refreshing 4000 servers.

I am so pissed and i really want to play with my clan and participate in scrims pracs and have fun

please respond asap as i am anticipating this to be fixed.

could it also be because of my firewall? my router ports? or my internet?

thanx anyways, ranger.

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
First please watch the lang. Next, release and renew the IP address of the router. I had the same problem and this sloved it. Is it CoD, or CoDUO, if CoDUO whats the IP address I would like to play on it sometime. Hope that this helps.

Ranger_5

Ranger_5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
sry bout the language, i was just frustrated about this. Well, how do i cleara my router ip address and my clan server is on call of duty the first one and the ip address is 66.165.126.128:28960.

I really want to join my clan server, plz tell me everything u know, thanx.

Ranger

Ranger_5

Ranger_5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ohh and the server name is {102nd} Recruiting.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
What is the make and model of the router??

Ranger_5

Ranger_5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
my router is SMC router barricade, smc7004vwbr, i need a lot of help with this stuff :tazz: ;) :thumbsup:

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Alright Ranger, try getting the latest patch which is 1.5 if you don't already and find out if there are any mods on the server which you might need. Look in the options menu and turn the downloading on and you will see if your missing any packs/files to connect.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Access your router, and under the status(or something close to it) see if you can Release the current IP address, and then Renew it. Hope that this helps.

Edited by DHooper, 26 February 2005 - 06:29 AM.

Ranger_5

Ranger_5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
wait wait wait, sry, but i am kinda slow with computers, very slow, if you can give me the steps to access my ip address and change it in steps, like #1 #2 #3, etc, i need a lot of help, and instructions.

Thanx for helpjng me but the autodownloading thing didn't work, o, and the server is 1.5 and i do have 1.5 and i wanna know if you can connect to the server perfectly?

I think i found the reason why, because i cannot connect to servers with the port 28960, but only servers with a different number besides 0, ex:28965, 25595, -10598, etc.

Plz help me out, thanx.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Is the server CoD or CoDUO??

Ranger_5

Ranger_5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
COD, the first version.