Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ghost 9.0 verses seagate & XP Pro

• Please log in to reply

westcparts

westcparts

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
trying to clone C drive to a new seagate ST130013A 80 gig, but Ghost 9.0 can not complete
because the disk is not allocated completely. it appears that the wizard for seagate installation
and/or XP PRO leave a 7MB unallocated area on the new disk. I used Ghost 2003 and had no problems
cloning a disk in win98se. :tazz:

cannot copy source drive to dest drive location
ERROR EA3905FE cluster not allocated 0xEA390FE

Thanks
Michael

Edited by westcparts, 17 January 2006 - 02:51 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Why did you partition/format the destination disk at all? When ghosting, you need not do that. Remove the partitions from the destination disk and try again...does the problem repeat?

westcparts

westcparts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Thanks Gerryf

I didn't intentionally, when we ran the seagate format wizard, we must have made an error
how do i get the unallocated partition off the drive and get it to a single partition

Thanks Michael

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Delete the partition, don't try to fart around with the remaining space. I do not think it is affecting this issue.

The extra space left by partitioning programs when you set up an ntfs partition is there for a purpose. I was not aware that seagate would do it, but Windows XP leaves the space for use if you later decide to create dynamic disks

westcparts

westcparts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
What or how would you suggest to delete the unallocated area?

Thanks
Michael