Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply

blaze1422

blaze1422

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Every time I start up my computer it loads fine until the "Welcome Screen"where it turns blue. It says either

STOP:c000021a{Fatal System Error}The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc06d007e(ox00000000 oxc00000000)The system has been shut down....or........STOP:c0000145{Application Error}The application failed to initialize properly (oxc0000142).Click OK to terminate the application. Now I must F8 into safe mode. I've scanned the computer, did system restore, and a lot of other things. Can somebody please help me? :tazz:

Advertisements

blaze1422

blaze1422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yes this is great advice. Thanks!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm researching your BSOD's right now. Do you have Go-back installed on this system?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
everything that i'm seeing for the c145 is suggesting that you do a system restore to a date before the issue occured

the 0x21 is gonna take me a little bit

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.kbalertz....ack_156669.aspx <--this seems like a good reference for the 0x21.... it blames one of the following

Mismatched system files have been installed.
• A Service Pack installation has failed.
• A backup program that as used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
• An incompatible third party program been installed.

the last two...would point to go-back if that's installed... the first two we can fix as well

blaze1422

blaze1422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I don't know what Go-BacK is so I'm thinking no i don't.
I've tried System Restore but all points are gone. I'll try some more. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and if you have any more information please notify me. Thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you had Go-Back you'd know...it shows up during post to give you an option to restore your computer (i think it's a norton or roxio product...not 100% sure)...

blaze1422

blaze1422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I actually have the computer up and running. Thank God and you guys too. Now I plan to scan the computer, run a defrag., and hopefully the speed returns. Thanks guys for your help.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what did you do to get it to start up? or was it a freak of nature..act of god type of thing?

blaze1422

blaze1422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Well, in safe mode I ran two scans. I ran them on SYSTEM32.exe(by start, run, typed in system32, edit, select all, scan with ______(my scanner) and i rebooted it and it worked. it seems there were many viruses there. I ahve another question though. My desktop feels unclearor the contrast seems blurry. Also the programs displayed on the desktop ahve a white background behind the words. How do I fix that?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my computer > manage > device manager...do you see any yellow ? or !

blaze1422

blaze1422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I only see a list of devices.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP