Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ToolBar and ImageList in Visual Basic

• Please log in to reply

complete

complete

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am new to Visual Basic. So the differences between C++ and VB are striking to me. But even this seems like too much. Here is what I am talking about:

I got a project out of source safe and I started working with it.
The Graphics associated to an image list had been compiled into the project but the actual graphic files were missing.
So they appeared in the project at first but then the buttons associated with the image list went blank.
I thought all I had to do was to get the graphic image files and then reassign the image list and the toolbar. But NOOOOO. According to the book I have, once the image is set, you cannot change it and you will have to build the entire thing from scratch.

Is this right? :tazz:

------------------------------

OK, so I went ahead and wrote down all the key names and other data associated with the image list and the button bar and I went ahaead and deleted them. I have made a back-up copy of the project in case I want to go return to the version before I did this.

But now, after inserting each bitmap into the ImageList, I right-clicked on the new Toolbar and choose Properties and assigned it the ImageList.

Now, aren't the images supposed to pop into the toolbar?

What am I doing wrong? :)

Advertisements

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

According to the book I have, once the image is set, you cannot change it and you will have to build the entire thing from scratch.

the thing? what thing?

anyway, u cant just assign the imagelist to the toolbar... u have to initialize the toolbar with the image that is associated associated. I don't know the correct code but I think it would be something like this...well this is the wrong code but hopefully it will give u an idea. Im sorry because I dont have access to VB right now sorry

toolbar.image = ImageList.image(1).image

try looking ImageList and toolbar functions in google and or w8 for someone that has VB access and that is familiar with Imagelist. I am familar but not with toolbars

hopefully that solves ur issue 'cuz i really didn't understand ur post. If u would like to repost with what exactly ur doing and some pieces of code u are using that would clarify things up

Edited by stu_design, 26 January 2006 - 08:33 AM.