Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop startup problems: Long.. sorry

• Please log in to reply

mumbo.jumbo

mumbo.jumbo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:) :tazz:
So this is the story of my problems
1. THis started last month - my laptop shutup in the middle of working and just wont start afterwards. No matter what I tried. SO I opened it, and after that it started working.
2. By mistake I uncrimped the LCD flex cable and this made the LCD screen go all white. So i figured I screwed that up. SInce I was able to connect to an external monitor and able to see the laptop.

3. Today I got my flex cable and I changed tat, but I found out tht this time the laptop wont even start. When I connect the power cable, or the battery, the light doesnot come on. What do you think might be the problem?

for info, my laptop is HP ZE4540US . What should I be checking? What should I do? ANy help is appreciated. Thanx.

Advertisements

mumbo.jumbo

mumbo.jumbo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
any one got any replies for this? any help will be aprpeciated..
is it the power? battery? any ideas?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Will it start with the external monitor

mumbo.jumbo

mumbo.jumbo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Not anymore... before it did start with external monitor... but after my flex cable change, it wont even reboot. The place where the light turns on saying power cable is connected wont come on.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you remove the new cable will the external monitor show anything

mumbo.jumbo

mumbo.jumbo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No after removing the new flex cable also, the laptop doesnt start.
When I connect the pwoer adapter, the fan doesnt come on, but i hear some slight clicking noise. The noise is very light...