Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes when closing IE

• Please log in to reply

MarkieMouse

MarkieMouse

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok I am new here and I hope someone can help me out. I am running windows 98. When I am using Internet explorer I have no problems until I close IE. When I close IE my computer freezes for at least a minute. I can not open any other programs, start menu etc.... If i click on an Icon on my desktop it gets highlighted but does not open. After about a minute or so everything that i clicked on while frozen opens up. If I have multiple IE windows open and I close all but one of them I do not have this problem.

I have run adware/spybot/cw shredder and they tell me i am clean. Any idea of what it could be?

Edited by MarkieMouse, 17 January 2006 - 09:45 PM.

Advertisements

MarkieMouse

MarkieMouse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Any help on this?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

MarkieMouse

MarkieMouse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

Thanks for the response. I typed in eventvwr.msc in the run option but received the message "Windows can not find eventvwr.msc"

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go to start > settings > control panel > administrative tools > then event viewer should be in there

MarkieMouse

MarkieMouse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I do not see administrative tools under control panel

MarkieMouse

MarkieMouse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ANY HELP?