Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Going crazy

• Please log in to reply

darkgohan

darkgohan

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello, I have recently had a problem with my p.c dropping its internet connection. I bought a new printer,and it was usb 2,so I had a fellow install a usb 2 pci card for me. Since then this problem has plaqued me.Do not know if this could be the problem. In my device Manager under pci simple communications there is a yellow ? mark,witk a ! mark on top of it also. When I open it up it says PCI Slot 2 (PCI bus 0, device 9, function 0) can anyone offer there opinion here. Please keep it simple if possible as I know squat about this stuff. Thank you- - Ps I am W/XP Pro

Advertisements

gen244drdr

gen244drdr

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Seems to me you need a driver for the modem... or wannabe modem. Start by checking any CDs which came with the computer for a modem driver. You can also check the CD for the motherboard. Another option would be to use windowsupdate.microsoft.com - if you can stay connected for long enough... - it might have updated drivers for it, but don't get your hopes up. You can also see if the problems go away if you remove the USB2 controller if you're up to it although I'm guessing it isnt the problem unless its conflicting with resources that the modem wants. Let me know how you go, or if you want me to give you very specific instructions instead of general guidelines.

Dr.

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thank you gen244drdr,I have located my cd. Now apparently there is no inboard modem,but I do see on my cd a file for modem drivers? What should I do and how with this area first please.You have advised that I update these for my modem or wannabe . T.Y dark...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in device manager, right click the one with the yellow thing, do update driver...and click the radio button about "choosing the location" of the driver...make sure that include cdrom in search is checked...and press next...if that is the modem..it should find the driver on the cd... (there is a possibility that your usb2 card is affecting yoru modem...that is if it is a pci modem...)

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well that seems to have resolved the Pci Simple Comm. errors,as they no longer appear in device manager. But now I have a yellow ! on multi function device. Installed same cd,hdwre wizard searches,up comes the software you are installing for this hdware-- Netmos Pci Paralell Port has not passed windows etc,so checked continue anyways,up comes "The file paralell sys' on [unknown] is needed, type in the path-- not a clue here? T.Y dark...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do start > search > files or folders...point it at the cdrom and search for that file

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Tried this but nothing found,your advice is appreciated. Thank you dark... :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://members.drive...driverid=413139 go here and download the full driver package...

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Told you I was not quick with this stuff,can you please show me where to start on this site you have shown ,and any how to if required.T.Y dark...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...well i found a better place to get the driver from than where i listed before....the device that is trying to install is a pci parrallel port...this device is made by NetMOS...i need to know the model number of that device

Advertisements

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Again,no idea where to look. Got this in d/manager Device Instance Id
EV_9805&SubSys_00101000&Rev_01\4&3B08546&048#CHILD0000. Hope this helps? T.Y. dark...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hehehhehe...absoluely no help

http://www.geekstogo...tion=show&id=13

download that...run a report...and post that report here

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Device Description
MSI MS-8808 Video Adapter
Netmos/MosChip Nm9805 1P
VIA AC'97 Audio Controller
VIA AGP Controller
VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
VIA VT82C571 IDE Controller
VIA VT82C686B PCI-ISA Bridge
VIA VT82C686B Power Management Controller
VIA VT8363A Apollo KT133A Chipset - System Controller
VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller

Field Value
Device Properties
Device Description MSI MS-8808 Video Adapter
Bus Type AGP 4x
Bus / Device / Function 1 / 0 / 0
Device ID 10DE-002D
Subsystem ID 1462-8808
Device Class 0300 (VGA Display Controller)
Revision 15
Fast Back-to-Back Transactions Supported, Disabled

Device Features
66 MHz Operation Supported
Bus Mastering Enabled

AGP Properties
AGP Version 2.00
AGP Status Enabled
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x
Current AGP Speed 4x
Fast-Write Not Supported
Side Band Addressing Not Supported

Hope this is right :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.moschip.c...ts/NM/winXP.zip there we go...

darkgohan

darkgohan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well dsenette,I cannot believe it,you have corrected everything that was showing as a problem. Just shaking my head here,thought it was just impossible after all the time spent on this stuff. You have my deepest gratitude my friend.Thank You,gonna keep this site in my favs.WoW!!! dark... :tazz: