Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drive changed from C to C.

• Please log in to reply

Geordio

Geordio

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please help! :tazz:

When I run Norton WinDoctor it repeatedly finds 130 problems all under the category of "Drive changed from C to C." It is unable to repair any of these problems, stating that:

"A removable drive has been inserted or removed, or, a directory was moved to a new drive causing drive C to appear as drive C. These problems should not be fixed automatically"

I haven't got a clue what it is talking about! The only hardware change I have made in the last few months was to replace my CD RW drive with a DVD RW drive, without any complications.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks,

Geordio

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Sounds to me like Windoctor needs removing ---- are you sure it's XP compatible? If you want a reliable check and fix for registry errors, get rid of Windoctor and download 'RegSupreme' free version:

http://www.macecraft.com/

It's never let me down or removed something in error.

Geordio

Geordio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi pip22,

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded RegSupreme v.1.2, ran it and found 916 problem entries! Registry Mechanic v4.0 and WinDoctor never found that many before!

What do you recommend I do now? Should I delete all 916 entries?

WinDoctor has only recently thrown this problem up - I've had it for almost 2 years without problems so far. This is why I am worried it was caused by some Trojan or other. I have recently had to remove ptask.exe and internetoptimiser.exe after foolishly downloading a shareware program.

Cheers,

Geordio