Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Saving Shockwave videos

• Please log in to reply

dvm5

dvm5

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I found a video on YouTube that I decided I'd like to be able to watch again, but while my laptop is in a non-internet environment. I ran into some issues trying to save a video to my computer. Usually I switch to IE (Currently in FireFox) and check the temp internet files, and in the last few is usally either an swf, or a video, that I'll copy elsewhere, the swf I found there was just the player, no media. I aslo tried using FireFox's View info and saved the Embed object to my computer. Again, just a player, no video. If anyone knows a different way to caputure video off of a webpage for offline viewing, or a way to find what file the Player is actually playing, please let me know.
All suggestions and help are appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Those videos are streamed that way specifically so that you can not download them. Its the web designers way of protecting his videos so they are not taken and placed elsewhere on the net.

We can not help you with this request.

ScHwErV :tazz: