Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DUAL CHANNEL CONFIG

• Please log in to reply

ANDYSUDS

ANDYSUDS

• Pip
  • 7 posts
my mobo has 4 memory slots (dimm A1 A2, dimm B1 B2)i bought a matched pair of corsair memory and stuck them into slots A2 and B2 machine works ok.after reading the mobo book it says for dual configuration the total size of memory module installed per channel must be the same for better performance (DIMM-A1+DIMM-A2 =DIMM-B1+DIMM-B2)does this mean to run dual channel config i should have them in dimm A1 + dimm A2..i have tried putting them in these slots but the machine just beeps at me and will not boot.the memory was bought to run in dual channel config.any help would be great.iam away to read the book like i should have done in the first place...cheers

ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE SKT 939
ATHLON 64 3800+ VENICE
250gb MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX 10 SATA 16mb
1 GB CORSAIR TWIN MATCHED MEMORY
2X WINFAST 6600GT SLI GRAPHICS
NEC 3540A 16xDUAL LAYER DVD RW
PHILLIPS 8421 DVD RW
THERMALTAKE TWV 500W PURE POWER PSU
MICROSOFT WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE
WINDOWS XP PRO

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
have you tried putting the ram in b1 and b2? check your bios and make sure there isn't anything mentioned about dual channel...sometimes it's something you have to enable in bios

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
To run in dual channel mode the memory should be in the Dimm A1 and the Dimm B1 slots.

http://www.pctechgui...channel_DDR.htm

SRX660