Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS WIN XP Pro licensing

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I have a quick question about win xp pro licensing. I was wondering is it possible to request more product keys to the verison of win xp pro that I have, and if so is that microsoft I have to go through to do that. Because I know you can buy volume licensing however I don't want to purchase the actual program agian when i already have it. Can anyone please help or at least point me in the right direction? Thank you

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you're wanting more licensing for the product....you can get volume licensing...i think you have to order a minimum of 5 licenses for it to qualify.....you can do this through any local computer supplier...or i think directly through MS.....but..you don't exactly get that much of a price break...not sure on the full pricing (haven't had to order volume in a while)..but i know that they charge you around the same as a normal license for each...

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

if you're wanting more licensing for the product....you can get volume licensing...i think you have to order a minimum of 5 licenses for it to qualify.....you can do this through any local computer supplier...or i think directly through MS.....but..you don't exactly get that much of a price break...not sure on the full pricing (haven't had to order volume in a while)..but i know that they charge you around the same as a normal license for each...

Thanks for the imput dsenette. I apreciate it. Have a good day.