Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless internet connection

• Please log in to reply

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
my dad has been saying to me that we can not get wireless internet becasue he has been told someone could be outside your house and could get in to the internet connection and your computers and psp ect.

i want to no if this is true?

thank you for your time reading this!

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You can install security settings where someone can't use your wireless. Thats what I do. My next door neighbor has an open connection. Anyone could sit in front of his house and use it.

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
what is the program that u r usin so that they can not us your internet connection?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
When you purchase the wireless set-up through either your ISP or at a computer store, the instructions will tell you how to set the settings.

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
ok thanks for your help, i was wondering if u no where there is any gd wireless connections (roter), cheap?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I got one through my isp. all the computer stores and electrical discount places have one. Don't really know which one is the best. Sorry. :tazz:

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
dont matter, do u no if it would b any gd if i got 1 under the price of £50

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I think most are under $50...just from looking in the circulars on Sundays. Here is a site that provides a number of reviews

http://www.pcmag.com...874,4236,00.asp