Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty 2 Startup Problem

• Please log in to reply

RockinRandy

RockinRandy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Guys,
Ive been trying to help out a friend with his Call of Duty 2 problem and by the looks of the board there has been many problems with it,
My problem is that i first installed Call of Duty 2 and it gave me the DirectC error so i downloaded and installed Direct X, then what happened is the Game would start i would hear the sound but couldnt see anything until i got to the menu and then it would restart my computer, So i updated the video drivers and now i can see the intro video but after a little ways into it it forces my computer to reboot. I am totally stumped when it comes to what is wrong, i dont think that any of the new patches would have anything to do with it but i thought i would ask you guys your opinons.

My Buddies system specs are as follows:

PSU - 350 watt enermax
Mobo - Aopen AX4SG-UN
Ram - 512mb PC3200
Harddrive - 120gb Western Digital
Video Card - ATI Radeon 9200 Atlantis
Processor - Pentium 4 3.0ghz

Any help what so ever would be greatly apperciated

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello RockinRandy and welcome to G2G!

First of all I would suggest that you turn off auto reboot on error.

Right click My Computer > click properties > click advanced > under startup and recovery click settings > untick automatically restart > click ok > click apply and ok then restart your computer.

Next time it reboots your computer it should display a blue screen, post the information here.

Also it would be worth checking the application and system logs for errors around the time of playing the game and the subsequent reboot.