Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Differences CS:S and CS:CZ

• Please log in to reply

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

I don't know very much about Valve or the games it makes but I got Counter Strike: Condition Zero some time ago and now I see Counter-Strike: Source what is the difference between these two games as far as I can see there the same, but I can see one or two differences from screenshots I've seen is Counter-Strike: Source like Counter-Strike 2 or something I also see Half-Life 1: Source aswell?!?!?!?!?!?

I guess my question really is, is what does the word Source mean in this context? :tazz:

Thanks again all

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Source means it runs on the source engine, source engine games look like HL2, condition zero is based on the old HL1 engine, HL! source was a remake to include some but not all of source features it runs half on the old engine half on the new one really. Counter strike 2 is seperate there was rumours of valve actually making counter strike 2 as a proper game with SP and a more advanced MP im guessing it would be a little like the SWAT games but its just a rumour, CS source is the latest game in the counterstrike series of mods and is the most advanced valve are still using steam to update it regularly and its very good now its come a long way in the time ive had the game.

callard

callard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
So would you say flog CS:CZ and get CS:S as its less money anyway?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well yeah CS:S is new and they are still adding new features and maps to it, the new ones all have HDR as well, and condition zero is older and it doesnt have an anticheat system like sources VAC so its all fair you need skill to win at source not the better aimbot.

When i get the time i like to play counter strike source, its a good game plenty of banter to take part in when you die and are waiting for the end of the round.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Counter-Strike 2, Valve said they would probably be making one, but hasn't announced if it is in development or not.

CS:S is a good game, but if you play 1.6 a lot, a lot, then you may have a hard time adjusting. a lot of the maps have weird added things, such as barrels and cars. Also, the hitboxes are much different than 1.6 and the recoil...don't get me started. I would get it anyways, but play often so you can learn fast!

I say it is a buy over CZ :tazz: