Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I'm new here

• Please log in to reply

flyingbrit

flyingbrit

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi guys this is only the second post for me...could someone tell me how I keep track of a question someone has asked that I have tried to answer? (I can follow my posts but if I answer a question I only get my answer, not the question) if that makes sense. And is there somewhere I can enable an e-mail to me if I get a response to a question I post? ....britsdad

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The default settings is to track all your threads but if you go to the options bit in the top right of the thread you can enable topic tracking and it sends an email when someone posts and a link to it, at least i think it still works like that i dont use topic tracking often otherwise i would get rather alot of emails.

fay47

fay47

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
One thing I just recenlty discovered is: near the bottom of the topic list - it lets you set a filter - you can choose all topics, topics I starteed, topics I replied etc. You also set how far back you want it to go.

Fay

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
also when replying to or starting a thread make sure you check the enable email notification of replies box

flyingbrit

flyingbrit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks all, and yea I've got the e-mail bit , but what I also want to know is, is it possible to follow a thread that I have tried to answer, apart from searching the forum for it? Such as this one. http://www.geekstogo...bit-t92898.html