Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC WILL BOOT BUT NO DISPLAY

• Please log in to reply

Product

Product

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Oh really?! :tazz: It does have a 3 year warranty but wouldnt it be considered pysical damage and cause the warranty to be void?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
While I still think the cpu is the problem, I doubt the problem is caused by a missing pin. The 939 socket cpu has several pins missing by design. Check the picture below for a comparison - the 939 socket cpu is the one of the right :

amdathlon643800_compare2.jpg

Warriorscot - I forgot to mention in my last PM to you what the long beeps mean. According to the manual, continuous long beeps signifies a DRAM error. However, as the system won't beep at all now with all the ram removed, I suspect this may not the problem, or at least, not the only problem!

Product

Product

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yes Samm what you say is true. I took a pic of it so you can see it. To the far left you can see where the pin fell off.

Attached Thumbnails

• 52_1.JPG

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Ah. Ok I take back everything I said in my last post! :tazz:
Well, at least you've been able to confirm that the problem is definately the cpu!

Re. the warranty - look at it this way, the cpu is shot to sh*t. Return it under warranty. The worst that can happen is that they refuse to replace it. Either way, you can't lose & if you're lucky, you'll get a replacement.

Product

Product

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yea thanks for all the help again. I dont want to deal with the hassle and doing the warranty thing so i put it on eBay. I actually got a bid on it even though I advised it is shot. :) Im am looking into the next model up now the 3700+. I think this time I will get some type of service replacement plan. :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you would be better at least trying the warranty, then you can always sell a good chip on ebay and get the money for it as an unopened cpu.