Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ancient Camcorder-DVD

• Please log in to reply

nevie

nevie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there,
I am a student with a camcorder that i found in my basement. its an RCA PRO-8 and i beleive it was purchase in the early nineties. It works pretty good, but i am making some videos for school that i would like to edit on the computer. i know that i had my uncle transfer our video onto his computer directly from the camera once, but im not sure how, and that is not an option now. Is there any way to get that film onto my computer? Its an HP viewsonic(?) with Windows XP on it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Nevie

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you would need a video capture device..i would assume that the only thing that video camera has is av out...so yeah...go to www.tigerdirect.com or www.newegg.com and search for video capture devices...that will let you plug your camcorder into your computer

nevie

nevie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks

nevie

nevie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Is there any way to check if my computer already has one?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi nevie...

Download Everest and run it on your machine. If you have a Video Capture Device in your machine, it will be listed in Devices (PCI devices)

wannabe1

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well..most computers don't come with them...so..if you don't remember requesting a video capture device...or buying one...you probably don't have one