Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Strange Windows XP Problem

• Please log in to reply

Chi-Master Wang

Chi-Master Wang

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Im currently using Safe Mode with networking to actualy use my comp.
On Normal Mode:The other day i done somethng like go to make a network i didnt mean to but i choose small office group or something i then think it failed neway or it froze and i ended the explorer process and then think i deleted the config folder in C:\WINDOWS\ because it has nothingin it currently now the problems are.
#1 Programs wont show and freeze when opened but you can see the process and the applicaton in task manager.
#2 If i try to access the Network Connections/Connect to part it freeze but only if i have my Broadband modem pluged in which is connected via ethernet lan and is cable bb.
As i said im currently in safe mode with networking to get on the comp also sometimes i cant get past the logging screen on normal mode.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Chi-Master Wang...

Have you tried a System Restore to a time just before you made your changes?

wannabe1

Chi-Master Wang

Chi-Master Wang

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have many errors on computer i know a format is the best option currently.
PS:System Restore says its been turned off by admin or something but i am the admin.
I also have no restore points.