CD-ROM Drive Not Workin
Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:37 PM
Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:02 AM
Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:36 AM
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. If Control Panel is in Category view, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
If Control Panel is in Classic view, double-click System.
3. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
4. Click the drive with the question mark next to it.
5. On the Action menu, click Uninstall. When you are prompted to confirm the removal, click OK.
6. Repeat steps 4 through 5 for any other drives with question marks.
7. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.
after i uninstall the drive and scan for hardware changes, what if it doesnt read my drive? how could i bring it back then? i dont think i have the windows xp cd that it came with unless i look for it in the storage room. the cd-rom im usin came with the computer and its been workin fine, i got the computer in september.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users