Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Case Help

• Please log in to reply

Strahl_Yo

Strahl_Yo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an acrylic case... i need more 5.25 drive bays.... is there a way or product on the market that i can add things outside of the case??? maybe mount it ontop of my case...

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Depending on what you need either a cd rom, cd burner, dvd burner, combo drive or harddrive their is always something available.

If you want a harddrive they make external cases that use usb and all you do is get a regular harddrive and install it into the external case then plug it to the usb port on the pc.

If you want any kind of cd rom or dvd rom they make external dvd roms and cd burners that all you need is an available usb port on your pc. :tazz:

There isnt anything that I know of to install on the outside of your case for many 5.25 drives.

They only make single external enclosures for 1 item alone. I have seen a 5.25 enclosure that fits in 2 available 5.25 slots in your pc but its meant for harddrives but nothing like that for external applications.

Edited by jrm20, 18 January 2006 - 09:39 PM.