Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble installing new forceware drivers...

• Please log in to reply

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I did a reformate and installed the forceware drivers from the CD then downloaded the latest drivers from the nVidia website and tried to install it... I got this...

Posted Image

I have reinstalled the drivers over and over again and all that, so whats the problem?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you need to go to your system board manufactures website and download the drivers from them.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

you need to go to your system board manufactures website and download the drivers from them.

My video cards or Asus? I don't think my motherboard site would have my video cards drivers... BFG says go to nVidia. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Nvidia usually say uninstall the existing drivers then install the downloaded ones

Probably best to download them to a folder while you have the existing ones installed then change them

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
after uninstalling the driver I would recomend using driver cleaner to make sure its fully removed before installing the latest version.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I uninstalled them and used driver cleaner and then installed the ones I downloaded, still didn't work...

Edit: I don't know what I did but installed this time.... So resolved. But thanks for the help guys. Sorry to waste your time.

Edited by Comrade General, 25 January 2006 - 10:21 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Your welcome. glad its working for you.