Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Problem...

• Please log in to reply

kizurnel

kizurnel

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hey, a couple days ago embedded videos, launch.com videos and all videos that are on sites and video code sites were working on my computer. But now they are not. The videos never begin their autoplay. And when It was testing my connection on launch.com.. it never started playing either. Can anyone help me? I've tried IE and firefox.. neither of them allows the video to play. There is no picture and no sounds. The video does not play no matter if you press the play button or not. Thank you for your time.

Edited by kizurnel, 19 January 2006 - 02:44 AM.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hi Kiznrnel, Welcome to Geeks To Go!!!
your browser is probaby blocking them, what browser are you using?

kizurnel

kizurnel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
ive tried IE and firefox.. so i guess just pick one and we'll see whats wrong.. thanks.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Firefox is out. You have to use IE to play videos at Yahoo :)

ScHwErV :tazz:

kizurnel

kizurnel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
neither of them play the videos and i have no idea what happend because they worked at the beginning of the week. any other suggestions?

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
no IE does when set properly

kizurnel

kizurnel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
ok?? so what do i do? im not tryin to watch just videos on yahoo.. im tryin to watch them embedded on all sites..

Edited by kizurnel, 23 January 2006 - 12:33 PM.

kizurnel

kizurnel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
can anyone help me please? im goin insane.. my problem isnt mainly playin videos on yahoo.. its videos period. like www.videocodes4u.com and videocodezone.com.. none of the videos play on my computer. and my sister said the videos dont when she accesses websites that she goes to. any help??

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
have you downloaded all of the newest drivers? newest flash? newest shocwave? newest Windows media? newsest everything?

kizurnel

kizurnel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
nevermind i fixed it.. but thank you so much for your time and help...

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
kizurnel
I'm glad you fixed it- wish you would share how?

I was going to check your file associations in Windows Explorer>Tools> Folder Options> File types. I thought maybe you had a file extension problem. What did you do to fix it?

Johanna