Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble running .bat file

• Please log in to reply

adamt83

adamt83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
it works! awesome.

thank you very much! anything else i should know/be aware of for this? i noticed i can make shortcuts from this and add it to my start menu.
thanks again.

-adam

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well there's a couple of things...right click on the batch file and choose edit...take out that pause at the end...and save it...the pause was just for testing so you could see what it did...

also...you can make shortcuts to that batch which will work great...but the way it's written...it will only work from the desktop....if you would prefer one that you can store in the shae folder and just make shortcuts to let me know...otherwise...just keep it on the desktop and don't delete or move it

adamt83

adamt83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok, i'll take out the pause.

actually, i moved it to the program files/shae folder and it works fine. i made a shortcut from that for my start menu and it works too.

thanks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
cool deal...glad we got it to work