Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express error

• Please log in to reply

noor parkar

noor parkar

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I need help please as to why my outlook express program
does not always allow me to access my email. I have an
error messsage to appear at times opening outlook express.that reads: "outlook
express could not be started. error message follows that reads: Outlook
express could not be started because MSDE. DLL could not
be initialized."

Could you please help me with this problem and explain to
me what could be the cause of this problem?

Advertisements

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I found this on another forum :tazz: hope it helps.

"Outlook Express could not be started as MSDE.DLL could not be loaded." Error! I Searched for this file. Nowhere on my computer?
In Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, is the tab Windows Setup(Components). You'll find Addresses has been unchecked.
(Took me miserable hours to find this). But rechecking and apply alone doesn't do it. You'd think it would. That's where the advice given to Ove's Oct. 29/02. (#684), problem is correct. Simply download as if to install (IE and OE), then custom install only OE, and it will tell you you've got it already. This'll take you to Resume Install and the missing files will download. Or Uninstall OE and/orIE completly, and Reinstall. The missing MSDE.DLL is in Addresses /Windows SetUp.